Day 5- Chomrong to Bamboo to Dovan

The lush green forest with the snowcapped mountains as a backdrop... BRILLIANT ISN'T IT?!?!
The "lost" baby goats... KAMBING SOUP anyone!?!??
The map that haunts us everyday!
I really like how the setting sun lights like the snowcapped mountian... this is fish tail by the way...
Veg + cheese MoMo (similar to the chinese dumplings)
err.. OUR obasan trying very very very hard to get into her sleeping bag...
I really hated this day! I was in zero mood to trek and was panting most of the way. Zzz...

It was a steep decent from Chomrong town to a river and after crossing the river, the terrain changed drastically from the lush green jungle trek to a steep desert ravine accent for like 2 hrs.It wasn't supposed to be that slow. But guess, our creed holds some true "We have nothing but endurance". The trek slowly became a lush green jungle trek. One starts to see lots of oak trees and bamboo, even saw a shepherd herding goats. Lots of goats!!! Haha... Maybe 200 of them through the jungle. Then there were 2 lost baby goats that were "mae-ing" away. Qz thinks that thus is how tigers locate their preys. Hehe.. Most part of the trek was shaded, which means it's pretty cold... Er.. U know the sweaty cold kind. Also in this part of the trek, One would start to realise that there are no more donkeys delivering goods as after crossing the river in Chomrong there us a temple that prohibits such inhuman practise.

Anyway, point is we arrived very lunch for lunch. The whole morning trek took us 5 hours plus with very little breaks. What was shocking after lunch was the trek only took us 45 mins to complete. Zzz...

Durali was insane. 4 girls have to share a bedroom that hardly have any room to move. Zz... But the stars were brilliant!! Really, this was even more than the ones I saw in Turkey!! Haha too cold! If u want to see details/photos, see qz's facebok for details. Haha...

Night was cold. Really cold. I had to zip and pull the string to the sleeping bed till there is only a slit for the eyes. I could only breathe for 1 minute outside the bag before I feel cold again!!! Kaoz.... Not helping that I kept having an intense stomachache throughout the night...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Tip Top Hotel

No comments: